Booking travel through Navan? Link your Expensify and Navan accounts to automatically send flight receipts to Expensify for easy reporting.
How to connect Navan to Expensify
To set up the integration, run through the following steps:
- Sign in at navan.com
- Click on your profile in the upper right corner
- Select “Integrations” from the drop-down menu
- In the Expensify box, click the “Enable” link
- Uncheck the box that says “Disallow company card expensing”
- Check the box that says “Automatically push expenses when booking a flight”
- If you’re using a central booking account, and you’d like all expenses to be sent to one Expensify account, click “Edit” next to “Expensify” in Navan and enter the email address you’d like to send receipts to
Once you complete these steps, any flights you book through Navan will automatically be added to an expense report in Expensify.
If you booked your Navan flight using your Expensify Card, the Navan expense will automatically merge with the card expense. Learn more about the Expensify Card here.
How do I expense a prepaid hotel booking in Expensify using the Navan integration?
Bookings that weren’t made in Navan directly (such as a prepaid hotel booking) won’t auto-import into Expensify. To import these trips into Expensify, follow these steps:
- Click the “Trips” tab in Navan.
- Select the trip or hotel that you’d like to expense.
- Click the “Expense to Expensify” link at the bottom of the page.
This also works for importing flights that were booked prior to setting up the integration.
What kind of data is shared between Expensify and Navan?
Travel booking details from Navan such as flight, hotel, and rental car costs will sync to Expensify to help auto-generate expense reports.
What should I do if an expense doesn’t sync correctly?
If an expense isn’t syncing correctly, check the integration settings in Navan and confirm that there are no sync errors. If there are no errors but the problems persist, contact the support teams of either platform for assistance.
Are manual adjustments to expenses in Expensify reflected in Navan?
Manual adjustments to expenses made in Expensify won’t retroactively adjust data in the Navan. Always verify any changes on both platforms to ensure consistency.
Is there a cost associated with this integration?
Costs depend on your subscription plans with Expensify and Navan. Expensify doesn’t charge extra for this integration.
How do I disconnect the integration?
To disconnect the integration, navigate to the integrations section in Navan, find Expensify, and select the option to disable the integration.