Additional Travel Integrations
You can automatically import receipts from many travel platforms into Expensify, to make tracking expenses while traveling for business a breeze. Read on to learn how to import receipts from Bolt Work, Spot Hero, Trainline, Grab, HotelTonight, and Kayak for Business.
How to Connect to Bolt Work
Set Up Bolt Work Profile
- Open the Bolt app, go to the side navigation menu, and select Payment.
- At the bottom, select Set up work profile and follow the instructions, entering your work email for verification.
Link to Expensify
- In the Bolt app, go to Work Rides.
- Select Add expense provider, choose Expensify, and enter the associated email to receive a verification link.
- Ensure you select your work ride profile as the payment method before booking.
How to Connect to SpotHero
Set up a Business Profile
- Open the SpotHero app, click the hamburger icon, and go to Account Settings.
- Click Set up Business Profile.
- Specify the email connected to Expensify and set up your payment method.
- Upon checkout, choose between Business and Personal Profiles in the “Payment Details” section.
- If you want, you can set a weekly or monthly cadence for consolidated SpotHero expense reports in your Business Profile settings. This will batch all of your SpotHero expenses to import into Expensify at that cadence.
How to Connect to Trainline
- To send a ticket receipt to Expensify:
- In the Trainline app, navigate to the My Tickets tab.
- Tap Manage my booking > Expense receipt > Send to Expensify.
- That’s it!
How to Connect to Grab
- In the Grab app, tap on your name, go to “Profiles”, and “Add a business profile”.
- Follow instructions and enter your work email for verification.
- In your profile, tap on Business > Expense Solution > Expensify > Save.
- Before booking, select your Business profile and confirm.
How to Connect to HotelTonight
- In HotelTonight, go to the Bookings tab and select your booking.
- Select Receipt > Expensify, enter your Expensify email, and send.
How to Connect to Kayak for Business
- Admins should go to “Company Settings” and click on “Connect to Expensify”.
- Bookings made by employees will automatically be sent to Expensify.
- From your account settings, choose whether expenses should be sent to Expensify automatically or manually.
- We recommend sending them automatically, so you can travel without even thinking about your expense reports.
Q: What if I don’t have the option for Send to Expensify in Trainline?
A: This can happen if the native iOS Mail app is not installed on an Apple device. However, you can still use the native iOS share to Expensify function for Trainline receipts.
Q: Why should I choose automatic mode in Kayak for Business?
A: Automatic mode is less effort as it’s easier to delete an expense in Expensify than to remember to forward a forgotten receipt.
Q: Can I receive consolidated reports from SpotHero?
A: Yes, you can set a weekly or monthly cadence for SpotHero expenses to be emailed in a consolidated report.
Q: Do I need to select a specific profile before booking in Bolt Work and Grab?
A: Yes, ensure you have selected your work or business profile as the payment method before booking.