If you have two Expensify accounts (for example, a personal account and a separate account for your company), you can combine the two accounts by merging them. Once merged, all receipts, expenses, expense reports, invoices, bills, imported cards, secondary logins, co-pilots, and group workspace settings from both accounts will be combined into one account.
Merging two accounts is a permanent action that cannot be reversed. To merge a company and personal account, you must sign in to your company account and merge your personal account with it. You cannot merge a company account into a personal account, nor can you merge two different company accounts together if they are private domains.
Note: This process is currently not available from the mobile app and must be completed from the Expensify website.
- Log in to Expensify using the account you want to keep as the primary.
- Hover over Settings and click Account.
- Under Account Details, scroll down to the Merge Accounts section.
- Enter the email address or phone number associated with the account that you want to merge into this account.
- Select the “Yes, I understand this is not reversible” checkbox to agree.
- Click Merge Accounts.
- Check your email for the magic code sent from Expensify and copy the code.
- Paste the code into the field and click Merge.
What information merges into my new account?
All receipts, expenses, expense reports, invoices, bills, imported cards, secondary logins, co-pilots, and group workspace settings will be merged into your new account.