Expensify’s direct integration with Greenhouse allows you to automatically send candidates from Greenhouse to Expensify for easy reimbursement. The integration can set the candidate’s recruiter or recruiting coordinator as approver in Expensify.
Prerequisites of the integration
- You must be a Workspace Admin in Expensify and an Admin in Greenhouse with Developer Permissions to complete this connection. This can be the same person or two different people.
- Each Greenhouse candidate record must have an email address in order to send to Expensify since we use this as the unique identifier in Expensify.
- We highly recommend that you create a specific Expensify workspace for candidates so that you can set up a separate workflow and a different set of Categories and Tags from what your employees would see.
How to connect Greenhouse to Expensify
Establish the connection from Expensify
- Log into Expensify as a Workspace admin and navigate to Settings > Workspaces > [Workspace Name] > Connections
- Under Greenhouse, click Connect to Greenhouse then click Sync with Greenhouse, which will open the “Greenhouse Integration” instructions page in a new browser window
Create the Web hook
- Click the link under Step 1 on the Greenhouse Integration instructions page, or log into your Greenhouse account and navigate to Configure > Dev Center > Web Hooks > Web Hooks.
- After landing on the “Create a New Web Hook” page, follow the steps on the Greenhouse Integration instructions page to create the web hook.
Create the custom candidate field
- Click the link under Step 2 on the Greenhouse Integration instructions page, or log into your Greenhouse account and navigate to Configure > Custom Options > Custom Company Fields > Candidates
- Follow the steps on the Greenhouse Integration instructions page to create the custom Candidate field.
- Click Finish (Step 3 on the Greenhouse Integration instructions page) to finish connecting Greenhouse with Expensify.
How to send candidates from Greenhouse to Expensify
- Log into Greenhouse and go to any candidate’s Details tab
- Confirm that the Email field is filled in
- Optionally select the Recruiter field to set the recruiter as the candidate’s expense approver in Expensify (Note: if you’d prefer to have the Recruiting Coordinator used as the default approver, please reach out to email@example.com or your account manager to request that we change the default approver on your behalf)
- Send this candidate to Expensify by toggling the Invite to Expensify field to Yes and clicking Save
- Navigate to Settings > Policies > Group > [Workspace Name] > Members
- The candidate you just sent to Expensify should be listed in the workspace members list
- If the Recruiter (or Recruiting Coordinator) field was filled in in Greenhouse, the candidate will already be configured to submit reports to that recruiter for approval. If no Recruiter was selected, then the candidate will submit based on the Expensify workspace approval settings.