Upload and Attach Receipts To Expenses
Upload or Email in Receipt Images
Uploading and emailing receipts from any device is free and comes with unlimited storage. SmartScan a picture of your receipt with our mobile app, upload them directly from the website’s Receipts page, or email receipts from your inbox to email@example.com.
View and Download a receipt
To see a preview of the receipt image, hover over the receipt thumbnail, and click the receipt to open a slightly larger version. You can also click the “download” button that appears over the thumbnail. This will download the file if it’s a .pdf or if it’s an image, a new window will open, then right click and choose “Save As…” to save on your computer.
Delete a receipt
Hover over the receipt image and click the “delete” button. This will delete the receipt. If you deleted it by mistake, you can go to the Receipts page, change the filter to view “deleted” and click the “undelete” button on the receipt. Surprise! We never actually fully delete a receipt, so as long as we received the image, you can't make any mistakes here.
Attach Receipts to Expenses
From your Expenses page you can see all of your purchases and check if they have receipts attached.
- Expense line items with an E next to them already have a Guaranteed eReceipt attached (for US customers only).
- Items showing an icon of a small page with lines have an uploaded receipt attached to them.
- Expenses with the + icon indicate they still need a receipt; clicking this icon will open the receipt attacher:
- The receipts dialog will show you all of the receipts already uploaded to your account
- Hover over the receipt you need and click attach
- If you have receipts on your computer, click upload and select which receipt to add
- A notification will pop up when the receipt has uploaded and has been attached to it’s expenses
Swap attached receipts
Attached receipts and eReceipts can be removed and swapped for other receipts by clicking on the receipt icon, clicking “change” or “detach” and selecting another receipt to be attached instead.