The Expensify Trips feature provides you with an all-in-one app for your travel expense reporting needs. When a travel receipt/itinerary is uploaded into Expensify, your trips section of the mobile app will automatically make your trip information available to you.
Visit our email receipts page to learn how to have your receipt emails placed in your receipts folder.
What if your receipt does not show up in your account?
- Make sure that SmartScan is enabled
- Receipt must have a merchant name, date, and amount
- Receipt cannot be a PDF
- May take 24-48 hours to show up in account
- Book travel online as usual.
- With SmartScan enabled, forward the receipt/itinerary email to email@example.com .
- The trip will automatically appear in the “trips” section of the mobile app.
- Before your trip, you will receive a reminder email about your trip with the option to create an expense report for the trip.
- Four hours before the flight, the itinerary will be highlighted in the app with your updated flight status.
- Enjoy your trip!
24 hours before your flight, you will receive an email from Expensify reminding you of your trip and giving you a real time status for your flight. If your flight is delayed, you will receive an email notification 4 hours prior, and we will continue to check and alert you of further delays. You will even get a post trip reminder to fill out an expense report for that trip.
The mobile app will also give you notifications regarding your trips. Whether they are on time (green), delayed (red), or if you don’t have any upcoming.