Use Expensify for all Your Company’s Expense Reporting Needs
This page is a broad overview of recommended steps to get your company setup within Expensify. For employees and individuals, please visit our Getting Started page.
Step 1: Choose Your Plan
- The Team plan is best for companies that use QuickBooks and for companies with basic expense reporting needs.
- The Corporate plan is best for companies that use enterprise level accounting/payroll packages and for companies with advanced expense reporting needs.
Step 2: Set Basic Company Rules
- Create an expense policy to set basic company rules such as output currency, mileage reimbursement rate, max expense age & amount, etc.
- It is here that you will decide whether to allow employees to use eReceipts and whether the company will pay for employee SmartScans.
Step 3: Integrate with Accounting
- If using QuickBooks, create the QuickBooks connection, and enable the desired expense accounts, customers/jobs, and classes.
- Otherwise, import a spreadsheet of categories and tags along with associated accounting codes. Then, set up the desired export format.
Step 4: Set Approval Workflow
- Decide who will be in your policy and which users will be policy administrators.
- Approval workflow can be set to have as many levels as needed.
- Note: many companies start with a smaller trial group. Expensify is free on every plan for up to 2 users per month. Only add all employees when ready to implement company-wide.
Step 5 (Optional): Add Company Reimbursement Account
- Reimburse employee expense reports directly through Expensify.
- Add the company bank account from which to withdraw funds for ACH Direct Deposit reimbursement.
- Add the company PayPal account from which to withdraw funds for PayPal reimbursement.
Step 6 (Optional): Enable Domain Control
- Domain control (Corporate plan only) allows companies to exert greater control over users within Expensify through strict rule enforcement, permission groups, and central commercial card import.
Step 7: Onboard and Train Employees
- Add all employees to the People section of the policy when ready to implement Expensify.
- For a list of employee training resources, visit our employee onboarding page.