All expenses must be placed on a report and submitted for approval, but with Scheduled Submit, you no longer need to worry about the arduous task of creating your expenses, adding them to a report, and submitting them manually. All you need to do is send us your receipts and we'll take care of the rest, on a variety of schedules that you can set according to your preferences!
Here's how it works:
We automatically create the expense entry associated with that receipt in your account. Depending on expense rules in your account or auto-categorization settings in your policy, we'll also set the appropriate categories, tags, and/or billable or reimbursable statuses for you!
- We automatically place that expense on an open report for you. If you don't have any open reports, we'll make one for you, following any automatic report title settings you might have in place in the active policy at that time.
- Depending upon the scheduled frequency you have set (more on that below), we'll automatically submit that report for you whenever you tell us we should. Keep in mind, for monthly, twice a month, and weekly settings we will not automatically submit reports with violations. Users will receive email reminders to fix their report with errors and then submit! This means no more having to look through employee reports and giving them a nudge, we do it for you!
Want your reports created/submitted on a different schedule? No problem!
Here are the different options for scheduled frequencies:
Disabled: No report will be automatically generated
- As Available: Expenses will be added to any currently available Open report. If one isn’t available, one will be created. Expenses without violations will be submitted nightly, with the remaining combined into a single report to be manually reviewed and submitted.
- Weekly: Reports are finished at 23:59 (UTC) on Saturday evening and are submitted around 7pm (PT) on Sunday.
- Semi-Monthly: Reports are finished at 23:59 (UTC) on the 15th of a given month and are submitted around 7pm (PT) on the 16th.
- Monthly: Reports are finished at 23:59 (UTC) on the day you indicate, and are submitted at 7pm (PT) the following day.
- Trip: Expenses are automatically added to an open report with expenses less than 2 days prior within it. Should two days elapse without a new expense being created, the report will be submitted the following day 7pm (PT). Subsequent expenses will create a new report. (Note: the '2 day' period is a date period, not a period of 48 hours).
As a policy admin, you can verify Scheduled Submit is enabled by going to Admin > [select policy] > Reports and make sure Scheduled Submit is enabled.