Connect with QuickBooks Online
- When connecting to QuickBooks, please make sure you are logging in as the “master admin”.
- Whenever running into problems with the QuickBooks connection, the first troubleshooting step is always to try deleting and re-adding the connection in Expensify.
How to Create the QuickBooks Online Connection
Updating the Connection
Any time changes are made to the chart of accounts, customers/jobs, or classes in QuickBooks, you should update the connection so that the changes are reflected in your expense policy. To do this:
- Go to Admin > Policies and choose your policy.
- Go to the Connections section of the policy.
- Click the “Update Now” button next to your QuickBooks company.
- The connection has now been updated. Go to the Categories section of the policy to enable any newly imported expense accounts. Go to the Tags section of the policy to enable any newly imported customers/jobs or classes.
Now that you have established your QuickBooks connection, learn how to to export reports from Expensify to QuickBooks.