Export Expense Reports to QuickBooks
- Expense reports are not automatically sent to QuickBooks. This process is initiated by the user as described in the slideshow below.
- Make sure your connection to QuickBooks has been updated recently.
- Only reports can be exported to QuickBooks, not individual expenses.
- If reports contain both reimbursable and non-reimbursable expenses and you log them differently, export the same reports twice using different settings for reimbursable and non-reimbursable expenses. This is described in more detail on slide 5.
When deciding what to Export As…
- Exporting reports as a check or credit card charge is used when an employee or vendor is being reimbursed with company money.
- Exporting reports as a bill is used to signify that a report has been received but will be paid at a later time. This is usually associated with billable expenses which are going to be invoiced to another party.
- Exporting as a general journal entry is used to associate the report as either a debit or credit.
If the export options detailed here don’t work for you, please visit our custom QuickBooks export page.
How to Export Reports from Expensify to QuickBooks
What happens next?
- QuickBooks Online - Like magic, all of the exported expenses will appear in your QuickBooks account.
- QuickBooks Desktop - Open up the QuickBooks Web Connector and click “Update Selected” to bring the exported expenses into QuickBooks.