Connect with QuickBooks Desktop
- When connecting to QuickBooks, please make sure you are logged in as the “master admin”.
- Whenever running into problems with the QuickBooks connection, the first troubleshooting step is always to try deleting and re-adding the connection in Expensify.
- When connecting to a QuickBooks file that is hosted on a remote sever or virtual server, make sure to save the QWC file to the same server on which QuickBooks is installed.
How to Create the QuickBooks Desktop Connection
Updating the Connection
Any time changes are made to the chart of accounts, customers/jobs, or classes in QuickBooks, you should update the connection so that the changes are reflected in your expense policy. To do this:
- Go to Settings > Policies and choose your policy.
- Go to the Connections section of the policy.
- Click the “Update Now” button next to your QuickBooks company.
- Open the QuickBooks Web connector, select Expensify, and click “Update Selected”.
- The connection has now been updated. Go to the Categories section of the policy to enable any newly imported expense accounts. Go to the Tags section of the policy to enable any newly imported customers/jobs or classes.
Now that you have established your QuickBooks connection, learn how to to export reports from Expensify to QuickBooks.