Connect Directly to your QuickBooks Company
- The ability to connect to QuickBooks is available for companies on the Team plan and higher.
- Information is not automatically exported from Expensify to QuickBooks; the export must be triggered by the user. Visit our QuickBooks export page to learn about exporting expense reports to QuickBooks.
- Expensify does not edit your QuickBooks company file. Expense accounts can be imported to use as categories, but categories and tags created in Expensify will not be added to your QuickBooks company file. New expense accounts will need to be created in QuickBooks.
- When new accounts are added to your QuickBooks company file, you will need to update the connection in Expensify. You can do this by going to Settings > Connections and clicking “update now”.
- Typically, the best way to manage multiple QuickBooks companies within one Expensify account is to create a separate expense policy for each company.
- It is important to always be logged into QuickBooks as the master admin (single user mode) when connecting with Expensify.
- Intuit currently does not support the ability to connect with the Mac copy of QuickBooks Desktop. Specifically, the QuickBooks Web Connector is not supported on the Mac. You can, however, connect to QuickBooks Online using any operating system.
Create the Expensify-QuickBooks Connection
The connection is created differently for QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop (instructions below).