Import Expenses Directly From Credit Card or Bank
An updated list of fully supported credit cards and banks is available on our credit cards page.
- Most transactions under $75 are also eligible for automatically generated eReceipts.
- Only cleared transactions will be shown in Expensify, pending transactions will not be shown.
- Expensify pulls in expenses once a day, to update immediately go to Settings > Credit Cards > Update.
- When first importing your card, Expensify will bring in the last 90 days of transactions.
- If you have multiple accounts associated with one banking username, you will be given the option of which accounts to import.
- If a card is deleted from Expensify, all of the unreported expenses from that card will be deleted from the system.
Import Your Expenses via Credit Card or Bank
First, make sure that you can log in to your bank’s website. Check your username and password to make sure they are correct and that your bank’s website is up and running. If you do not have a username and password to access your credit card or bank account online, contact your bank institution for more details.
Step 1: Select your Bank
Cards can be added by either:
- Going to Settings > Credit Cards > select ‘Import cards/bank’
- Clicking the Import credit card/bank account icon on your Dashboard (only when you haven’t yet added a card)
Both options will bring you to this screen. Then pick your bank from the list of top banks or type in it’s name to bring it up in the search field.
If your bank is not on the list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to add it.
Step 2: Username and Password
Connect with your account by using the same username and password you use for online banking.
Step 3: Select your Accounts
We pull in all of the accounts tied to your username, just pick and choose the ones that you want to import. If you are importing a corporate credit card or a card that someone else pays off, make sure to uncheck the box for “the expenses on these crds are reimbursable” when importing the card. Then click ‘add (and accept terms)’ to import your card.
Trouble importing your account?
Having trouble importing your card or bank account? Check out our import troubleshooting page for ways to fix the issue.