Getting Started for Employees and Individuals
This page is a broad overview for employees and individuals getting started with using Expensify. Administrators should visit our company setup section for company instructions.
Step 1: Import Expenses
- Import expenses directly from your credit card or bank account.
- Manually add cash and mileage expenses from the web or on the go.
- Classify expenses with custom categories and tags.
Step 2: Upload Receipts
- Use automatically generated eReceipts for credit card transactions under $75.
- Upload unlimited receipts, and optionally, SmartScan for complete automation.
- Forward unlimited email receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3: Create and Submit Reports
- Create and submit expense reports.
- Receive expense report approval from management.
- Save reports as PDF or export all your data in a spreadsheet file.
Step 4: Get Reimbursed
- Learn how reimbursement works in Expensify.
- Add your bank account for direct deposit reimbursement.
- Add your PayPal account for reimbursement through PayPal.
Step 5: Manage Personal Settings
- Create custom categories and tags for expense classification.
- Set your output currency and mileage rate.
- Manage personal account settings.
Step 6: Install Mobile Apps
- Install free mobile apps that allow you to track expenses, snap pictures of receipts and create expense reports - all on the go!