This powerful feature allows companies to take greater control over user accounts with email addresses on a particular “domain” (eg, everything after the “@” in an email address). Domain Control feature is most often used by companies looking to centrally manage employees, or to centrally import commercial cards. Domain control is only available on the Corporate plan.
With domain control, you can:
Every rule and regulation on the policy must be met before a report can be submitted, and the report must be submitted/forwarded to the person listed in the People section of the policy.
- Prevent users from switching their account email address away from their company email address and avoiding these restrictions.
- Prevent users from being able to create any expense policies. This is useful for preventing people from using Expensify to submit reports for use outside your domain when combined with strict policy enforcement.
- Prevent users from switching their primary policy by setting in stone which policy must be used by each account in a permission group.
Manage your domain users in groups to distinguish different permission levels.
Disallow certain users on your domain from using Expensify.
Import centrally-billed commercial cards.
Setting Up Domain Control
Before starting, make sure that you have upgraded to the Corporate Plan.
Step 1: Go to Settings > Domain Control and click “take control of your domain”.
Step 2: You will then need to verify ownership of this domain before continuing. You may need to consult your organization’s IT department to complete the verification process.
You have two very simple methods to verify your domain: Host a File or Add a DNS Record.
Managing Domain Control
Once your domain has been verified, you will have a new top nav titled “Admin”. Visit the Admin tab to manage Domain Control.
Domain Members Page
From the Domain Members page you can:
- Add and delete user accounts.
- Move users between permission groups.
- Designate domain administrators. Domain administrators have the ability to edit Domain Control settings.
From this page you will be able to create permission groups and edit current permission group settings.
Company Cards Page
From this page, assign commercial card feeds to specific employees.